Who We are
AK Motors is committed to protecting your personal information and other data provided to us via this web site (“www.akmotorsandlogistics.co.uk“).
The information we collect and its Use
1) When browsing our website, we may collect information that will allow us to personalise your experience on our website. Some services are only available to registered users in which case you will be required to create a user
account. Accordingly, we may use your IP address and your registration details to tailor services or materials that may be of interest to you.
2) By collecting your data, it allows us to understand what your needs and wants are, provide personalised content and match the most relevant adverts and services for you. It also allows us to provide targeted offers and services you may be interested to hear about.
3) We may need to pass your information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop the Web Site but, if so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose.
4) We also monitor traffic patterns and usage of our Web Site to help us improve our Web Site design and layout. We may pass this information to our partners or other third parties but it will not contain any personally identifying information.
5) AK Motors may want to contact you to advise you of the latest news about our services, special events or new services or products that we think may interest you. AK Motors may also use your details and information to communicate to you offers for services or goods from other websites which we think may be of interest to you. We will only do this if you have given us your consent to do so such as when completing the registration or in writing. You may withdraw such consent at any time by writing to us.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
1) Should you consent to us processing your personal data, AK Motors may pass your details to carefully selected, trusted third parties so that they can also provide you with details of other services or products that might be of interest to you. You may withdraw such consent at any time by writing to us.
2) Your data will be stored as required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998. Any disclosure of personal information that you have given us will also be in
accordance with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
- In consenting for us to process your personal data, you acknowledge and agree that:
- In the course of using this Web Site or registering with it and any services offered via this Web Site, certain information about you will be captured electronically or otherwise and transmitted to AK Motors or and, potentially, to any third parties as set out above or to third parties who host our web servers or assist us in maintaining this Web Site; and
- You consent to the use, storage, or processing of your personal information by AK Motors (or any third party AK Motors uses for carrying out credit checks) for the purposes of carrying out any credit checks in the event that you enter into any financial transaction with AK Motors.
Data Protection Indemnity
1) Areas of the Web Site where personal data is stored (e.g. used car dealer account information such as name and address) are password protected. You can help to preserve your privacy by never sharing your password with anyone else.
2) We limit our employees’ access to your information about you to those employees who need to have such information to service your account. We emphasise to our employees the confidential nature of user information and the high level of importance that AK Motors places on maintaining this confidentiality.
1) A cookie is a piece of information that a web site transfers to the
cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard drive.
2) Most browsers accept cookies automatically but you have the ability to accept/decline cookies by altering the settings in your browser to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies. If you decline/disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Web Site or the Web Site may not be available to you.
- Cookies enable us to identify your device, or you when you have logged in.
AK Motors may use online behavioral advertising cookies to enable us to tailor our display advertising and make it more relevant to you, but we will only use these with your explicit consent, as outlined above.
We don’t sell the information collected by cookies, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
5) We also use these types of cookies to monitor our websites performance and how their users may use it. These cookies provide us with information that helps us provide better products to their users and also to identify any areas that may need maintenance.
6) Cookies are also used to remember your preferences on our websites. This can be anything from remembering your city in a weather forecast or saving your username.
We cannot control nor do we have access to any cookies placed on your computer by third party advertisers and sponsors.
We may also track IP addresses. An IP Address is a number that can identify an Internet Service Provider and country location. It cannot provide personal information
Feedback, Questions and Complaints
Or contact us by post at: AK Motors, Sir Robert Peel House, Ground Floor, 344-348, High Road, Ilford, Essex IG1 1QP .
If you’re not satisfied with our
response or believe our processing of your personal data is not in accordance
with the law you can complain to the UK data protection regulator, the
Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at